Saturday, April 5, 2008

A Gridiron Fanatic Since Hgh School

I've been a fan of American football which makes me different from other Filipinos who are more into basketball (or the NBA specifically). But I find American football more exciting than basketball. Maybe because of the hard hits and the fast-pace plays that it brings to game.

I got introduced to American football or the NFL when my father rented a all four VCR tapes of the San Francisco 49ers Super Bowl Games (Superbowl XVI, XIX, XXIII and XXIV in particular). With those games I instantly become a fan the great (and future Hall-Of-Fame) quarterback Joe Montana.

I followed the NFL games until I graduated highschool. From there, my interest for football games was put on hold because I was very busy in college.

In 1999, my passion for the game got a back when I was able to watch Super Bowl XXXIV. There I saw how Superbowl and NFL MVP guided the St. Louis Rams to win their first ever SuperBowl trophy. Since then I've been following the NFL and St. Louis Rams even in the off-season.

My favorite time every year is when I do share my opinions on who should the Rams pick during the June draft picks. So far, I was disappointed by the Rams picked.

Since the evolution of the internet, I can now follow the team's progress and other news thru ESPN.com and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch websites. Now I made this blog to share my rants, opinions and news about the St. Louis Rams.

Undergoing MyBlogLog Verification

No comments: